Higgs Bundles and Character Varieties
A satellite GEAR workshop and Special Session
Joint International Meeting of the AMS, EMS and SPM, Porto, June 2015.
There will also be space for other approaches to character varieties, as well as other aspects of Higgs bundle theory.
- asymptotics (of Higgs fields),
- topology of moduli/character varieties, and
- branes (including moduli of G-Higgs bundles for real G).
Tuesday, June 9, 2015
A day of introductory overview talks.
Schedule – Room M030
Special Session: June 10, 11 and 12, 2015
The official schedule of the special session, including titles and abstracts, can be found here: Schedule of special session 27.
Wednesday June 10, 2015 – 13:00-15:30 – Room M005
Thursday June 11, 2015 – 9:00-12:00 – Room M005
Friday June 12, 2015 – 9:00-12:30 – Room M122
- Room M113 in the Mathematics Department will be open for participants to use for discussions etc. throughout the workshop.
We will organize a workshop dinner on Tuesday, June 9 at Madureira's Restaurant, which is very near the Mathematics Department. If you wish to participate, please let us know by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The talks on Tuesday, June 9 are open to all, but we request that
those planning to attend send an e-mail to email@example.com stating
their intention to do so.
All participants (including speakers) in the special session are required to register for
the AMS-EMS-SPM meeting.
Deadline for registration: May 30, 2015.
- Wifi access: if your institution participates in the eduroam network we recommend signing up for an
account with your university's computing services for (hopefully)
trouble free wifi access while you're in Porto.
Here is a google map showing the location of the Mathematics Department, Madureira's Restaurant and a couple of the most popular hotels.
- Please see the page of the Joint International Meeting of the AMS, EMS
and SPM for further practical information, including
Last modified: June 19, 2015