Postdoctoral position at CMUPSamuel Lopes Mon, 01/21/2019 - 21:13
The Centre for Mathematics of the University of Porto (CMUP) invites applications for a postdoctoral position in Mathematics, under the Project UID/MAT/00144/2019. Applicants must hold a Ph.D. in Mathematics or in a related field, relevant to the research interests of the Centre, completed at the time of application.
The recipient of the grant will be part of a team researching on central extensions and cohomologies of non-associative algebras, in particular:
- classification of nilpotent algebras of small dimension;
- classification of rigid algebras and irreducible components of varieties of algebras of fixed dimension;
- study of cohomologies and central extensions of n-ary algebras.
The candidates should provide a one page description of how these points could be addressed, and explain their expertise in the area.
The position is for 3 months and should start in February 2019. The monthly salary is 1495 euros (free of tax). There are no compulsory teaching duties associated with the position. Applications can be submitted between February 5th and February 18th, 2019. Applications should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com. They should contain the reference UID/MAT/00144/2019 - FCT/MCTES in the subject field and include the following:
- Letter of motivation;
- Proposed work plan (research statement);
- One page description of how one of the problems from the work plan could be addressed, and an explanation of their expertise in the area.
- CV (including list of publications);
- Certificate of academic degrees;
- Any other documents considered relevant by the applicant.
Any letters of recommendation should be sent directly by the referees to the above e-mail addresses. For further information please consult the official page of the announcement here.